The Help Desk offers support and technical assistance to customers who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to their computers.
Help Desk Requirements
- Responding to queries via chat, email, or phone
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Writing, editing, and revising training manuals for new and updated software and hardware.
- Providing technical assistance for questions and problems
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Requesting feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve training methods.
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems.
- Installing or changing software to fix issues.
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- CISCO Call Manager • Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Cisco Unified Presence and IM
- Unified CCE Admin
- Smart Record
Help Desk Skills and Qualifications
Strong Computer Skills and the Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems, Familiarity with both PC and Mac Hardware and Software, Experience with Network Repairs and Analysis, Good Customer Service Skills, Ability to Communicate Effectively to help customers fix their issues and feel satisfied with the experience, Writing and Editing Skills to aid in writing and updating manuals, Education in Computer Repairs and how to Troubleshoot Problems (some jobs may require a degree from a university or technical school), and Specific Knowledge of other required Computer Systems for different work environments.