Lead Network Engineer
Reports to: CTO
The Network Engineer Lead is responsible for providing technical leadership, technical support, and troubleshooting for field VOIP or Network Engineers. This position will also be involved in client interaction for all IT, Telephony, and Technical areas in terms of technical knowledge, capabilities, infrastructure setup, and configuration matter when necessary. This position is also responsible for supervising and managing internal network and VOIP setup, configuration, and maintenance in the company by working together with contracted MSP.
- Min: Associate Degree. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on computer networks, IT, or information systems. CCNP Voice/Collaboration certification is required or equivalent experience
- CISCO Platform competencies in these areas:
- CISCO CUCM 8.x or later
- CISCO UCCX Scripting
- CISCO UCCX Server administration
- CISCO SIP and ISDN Voice gateway configuration
- CISCO Unified Communications Manager
- CISCO Unity Connection
- CISCO United Intelligence Center
- CISCO Unified Presence and IM
- Unified CCE Admin
- CISCO Call Manager
- Knowledge of IT Network Infrastructure & Server Administration
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-starter, and able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, honesty, and a commitment to the Company’s mission and core values
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret project scope, project specifications, bid documents, and/or government codes in relation to technical requirements
- Designing and Scoping IT Projects – VOIP/Telephony, Network
- Manage the assigned field staff in their department
- Provide support with the technology consulting design for various potential projects
- Manage and supervise internal IT, VOIP, network infrastructure, and servers in conjunction with working with MSP company
- Provide leadership in client interaction in managing ongoing projects by providing technical support and/or updates
- Involve in various phases in the project proposal in the areas of technical and technology core competencies
- Participate in meetings involving potential projects, operational progress/updates, and/or other technology departmental needs
- Perform other duties and direction from the direct supervisor or Executive Management
- Direct Reports: Field VOIP Engineers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Body Positions: Regularly requires sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment, and peripherals, and bending, reaching, and crouching. Requires the ability to negotiate around actual work sites in order to review work in progress and to attend construction meetings, as well as prospective work sites in order to evaluate estimates to be submitted.
- Body Senses: Must have command of the senses of sight, hearing, speech, and touch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms and back routinely. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone and in face-to-face meetings for long periods of time
- Strength: Must be able to lift and hold onto objects that may weigh up to 20 pounds
- Mental: Must be able to read and write English well enough to read and prepare reports, read and analyze bid packages and blueprints, project specifications, technical documents, contracts, and reports and communicate effectively with all concerned or related to the business